News and announcements
Hiring a research assistant!
I’m hiring a part-time research assistant (RA) to help with my study portfolio on labour markets in developing countries (mostly South Africa) and the impact of social networks on development outcomes. This is a great opportunity to learn about the subject material and the contexts, to develop skills in social networks data collection/analysis and to learn about (particularly RCT-based) study design, resourcing and implementation.
Tasks may include:
- Conducting literature reviews of the subject material
- Assisting with funding applications for the project(s) involved
- Coding in R for data cleaning/analysis and for production of dynamic documents (using R Markdown)
- Coding and/or amending questionnaires in specialist surveying software
- Gathering and analysing relevant publicly available data
- Liaising with international co-authors and research staff on the project(s), including a J-PAL Africa research associate based in South Africa
The ideal candidate will be a Master’s level student or recent graduate in Economics or a related subject, with experience in data cleaning/analysis in R, an interest in social networks and development economics, excellent communication and organisation skills and who is looking to gain experience in doing academic research work. The expected working hours are approx 5-10 hours per week, but this is variable around project load and post-holder circumstances. Other profiles will be considered. Applicants who pass the initial screening will be invited to interview. The expected pay rate is roughly £20/hour, in line with LSE pay scales. Apply here by end of day on 19 May 2023.